Well, it’s just about that time of year, so I’ve decided to post a quickie image I put together in Photoshop. It was an experiment to see if I could get the type to look like it was cut in ice. Click on the image to see a larger version. It was actually pretty easy to do. I might just put a whole alphabet up online in JPEG format for anyone wanting such a thing for their own projects. I may even manage to persuade myself to create a Photoshop action (or maybe even a script) to create the effect automagically.
Impatient people can march over here to PSDtuts+ to see the tutorial that I modified slightly to fit my purposes. The main difference between that tutorial and my work, is mine uses defualt Photoshop brushes and relies more on commands that could be automated by the computer and less on brushwork done by the designer.